Got leftover old and stale croissants? From now on that’s a good thing, because they can transform into this delicious dessert in no time. The croissants give this bread pudding a sweet taste and airy structure, which matches perfectly with the creamy Nutella and ruby red raspberries. This dessert really is the ultimate comfort food!
And this bread pudding is also too easy to make. You just spread old croissants with some Nutella, soak them in a mixture of milk and egg and bake them (sprinkled with raspberries) in the oven. You can serve the pudding right away, but I think it’s best eaten lukewarm.
You could substitute the Nutella for pieces of dark chocolate and use other types of bread like brioche instead of the croissants. Use cream instead of milk for an extra decadent version and serve this pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. One thing is for sure: that dish will be empty very soon!
2 slightly old and stale croissants
2 heaping tablespoons nutella
1 cup (240 ml) milk
1 cup (125 gr) raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
2. Slice the croissants in half and spread nutella on the bottom halves. Top with the upper halve. (On the pictures you see the nutella side on top, but make sure you cover this with the top halves of the croissants. This will give you a much better result!).
3. Put nutella croissants in a small baking dish, they should only just fit.
4. Mix egg, milk and a sprinkel of salt in a bowl. Pour this over the croissants and let soak for a few minutes. Press down the croissants to soak up more of the liquid.
5. Place the raspberries between the croissants and put the dish in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
6. Serve lukewarm.