This is one of those simple side salads you will make over and over again. The combination of bittersweet pink grapefruit with soft avocado always works and it’s even better combined with tangy goat cheese or feta.
I like to serve this salad just the way it is, with some grilled fish or steak for instance. Add some seafood to make this salad extra special: lobster, crab and shrimp would all work great in this dish. And when you add some cooked grains like quinoa or couscous, you can easily transform this salad into a filling meal.
I often opt for a simple vinaigrette to drizzle over this salad, but feel free to experiment with other flavors. The mango vinegar I used last time is an addition I can wholeheartedly recommend.
2 handfuls of lamb’s lettuce
3 oz (80 g) soft goat cheese (or feta)
For the vinaigrette:
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp (mango) vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and make slices into the avocado halves. Then scoop out the slices from the skin.
2. Peel the grapefruit en cut out the segments from between the membranes.
3. Place salad leaves on a plate. Divide the avocado and grapefruit segments on top and crumble over the goat cheese.
4. Mix mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. While stirring, slowly add the olive oil until you’ve got a creamy dressing. Drizzle over the salad.
5. Taste and add extra salt and pepper when needed. Serve straight away.